If testing H1, make sure all low side bushings are connected together & grounded. Insure all HV bushings including neutral are connected together. Contact PCORE for additional assistance with testing.
- Disconnect the overhead cable / bus from all bushings
- Clean and dry porcelain
- Insure test tap / voltage tap is clean and dry
- Do not test bushing in a crate
- Only open the tap cover for the bushing that is being tested
- Ensure that the flange of the busing being tested is DIRECTLY grounded rather than through other device such as a jump switch.
- Insure test setup is correct